Website Michael's Salon & Day Spa
Michael’s Salon is looking to add a motivated Apprentice to our team! This individual must maintain good standing and successfully complete all levels of the training program before receiving a salon chair. You may take requests prior to completing the program. Please apply on our website at http://www.michaelssalon.com/interested/.
- Employee discount on services and products
- Paid time off and vacation benefits to those who qualify
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision insurance
- Life insurance and short term disability
- Amazing company culture
- Be able to and perform all functions of a licensed Hair Designer and all related functions to the satisfaction of the Education Director and Michael’s Management.
- Learn to create, encourage, foster and promote an inviting environment that encourages and enhances each Michael’s client’s experience consistent with Michael’s Mission statement.
- Be able to stand for long periods of time to perform duties related to the Apprentice position.
- Be friendly and courteous to all models and clients.
- Learn to maximize each model and client’s experience and be willing to work and promote Michael’s products through product knowledge.
- Market self on a regular basis to achieve model requirements.
- Perform Hair Services only through Michael’s.
- Meet and pass all model and testing requirements of the Training Program.
- Clean and sanitize implements and equipment, in conformance with applicable laws and regulations and Michael’s policies and procedures, before and after each model and client and maintain a clean and safe workspace and environment.
- Complete detailed notes and formulas on each model and client.
- Complete daily shop duties.
- Master skills to sell and upgrade services.
- Sell retail products to achieve weekly goals.
- Learn how to manage weekly goals, activities and reports.
- Attend mandatory meetings and Company meetings.
- Communication with the Education Director on a regular basis to review accomplishments and progress of the Training Program.
- Comply with Michael’s policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to provide high quality hair services by Michael’s standards.
- Active Listening – giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made. Asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at an inappropriate time.
- Active Learning – understanding the implications of new information for problem solving and decision making.
- Social Perceptiveness – being aware of other’s reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Service Orientation – actively looking for ways to help others.
- Time Management – managing one’s time.
State Licensing Requirements/Continuing Education:
- Must be licensed by the Ohio State Board of Cosmetology
- Michael’s also requires all Apprentices to comply with all aspects of the law and regulations of the State of Ohio relating to cosmetology, including continuing educational requirements, as well as any additional training required by Michael’s.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $9.00 per hour
To apply for this job please visit www.michaelssalon.com.