Website Aveda Institute Chapel Hill
Full-time, Aveda Institute Chapel Hill
- Cosmetology: 1 year (preferred)
- Cosmetology Instructor: 1 year (preferred)
At Nurtur Aveda Institutes we teach more than just skills, we teach passion! Nurture your creativity as an educator and help us inspire the next generation of stylists!
Nurtur Aveda Institute is a cosmetology and esthiology school and is known for the Aveda Experience we offer for our students, guests and employees alike.
- Our culture consists of having Fun, being a Servant Leader, Team work, Accountability, and creating an environment that is Student and Guest focused.
- We believe in treating ourselves, each other, and the planet with care and respect.
We’re looking for a Cosmetology Instructor!
- We offer great benefits, a 4-day work schedule, and meaningful work. We are Aveda, everything that we do in a day is done to educate our students to the highest level and to inspire a love for Aveda and our mission…
- Our mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world. ~ Horst Rechelbacher
- We also believe learning never ends.
THE BEST PART OF THE JOB
Our Educators were asked what the best parts of the job were, and this is what they answered:
- Love working with and teaching our students to work towards their passion!
- Being able to pass on what I have learned to new people coming into this industry!
- Connecting with new students every day to help them progress towards their future!
- Getting to work in an industry that I am passionate about and being able to teach the stylists of tomorrow!
SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE
To succeed in this role, candidates must have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong understanding of educational methodologies
- Comfortable having conversations and strong communication skills
- Strategic thinking
- Attention to detail
- Disciplined work habits and organizational skills
- Ability to mentor large groups and speaking in front of a class
- Soft skills and ability to teach soft skills to others
- Very positive attitude
What makes our culture so great?
- We have an amazing mission that drives everything we do
- Sharing the sourcing stories with guests and students connects them to our brand and our products
- We hold each other able to be the best version of ourselves each day
- We are family and take care of one another
- Having fun is a MUST
- We are socially responsible respecting ourselves, the planet and our community
- Ability to work independently, with excellent communication skills, in a fast-paced environment
- Cosmetology license
- Ability to overcome objections by offering valid solutions
- Must maintain current cosmetology license; this includes maintaining continuing education requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent presentations
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Willing to work a flexible schedule; including evenings and weekends
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; articulate in English
- Strong commitment to customer service excellence
- Commitment to company mission and vision
If this is the Culture you believe in, then this is the place to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com