Website Aveda Institute Los Angeles
Full-time, Aveda Institute Los Angeles
At Nurtur Aveda Institutes we teach more than just skills, we teach passion!
Nurtur Aveda Institute is a cosmetology and esthiology school and is known for the Aveda Experience we offer for our students, guests and employees alike.
- Our culture consists of having Fun, being a Servant Leader, Team work, Accountability, and creating an environment that is Student and Guest focused.
- We believe in treating ourselves, each other, and the planet with care and respect.
We’re looking for an Admissions Representative!
- We offer a work environment where you have an impact on every department in the Company and the bottom line. Where it’s both nurturing and challenging, in an industry that’s ever-changing. We have fun and every day is filled with excitement and is full of energy. We enroll students into, and work in the positive culture of AVEDA!
- Our mission at Aveda is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the ways in which we give back to society. At Aveda, we strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world. ~ Horst Rechelbacher
- We also believe learning never ends.
THE BEST PART OF THE JOB
Our Admissions Representatives were asked what the best parts of the job were, and this is what they answered:
- We’re at the beginning of each student’s career & the face of the Institute!
- We set the expectations (urgency, assertiveness, being on time, accountability)
- We’re changing someone’s life in a career path that embraces diversity and creativity and in an industry, that is still growing
- We instill confidence in prospective students
- We mentor students and team members through problem solving
- Every day is different and so are our students; we embrace diversity!
- You have the opportunity to try something new & to learn new things
- Your focus is on in-house students and not in a call center following leads over the phone
What makes our culture so great?
- We have an amazing mission that drives everything we do
- Sharing the sourcing stories with guests and students connects them to our brand and our products
- We hold each other able to be the best version of ourselves each day
- We are family and take care of one another
- Having fun is a MUST
- We are socially responsible respecting ourselves, the planet and our community
SUCCESS IN THIS ROLE
To succeed in this role, candidates must have the following skills and attributes:
- Strong selling/influence/persuasion/closing skills
- Competitive nature
- Comfortable conducting face-to-face career planning sessions & career fairs
- Strategic thinking
- Disciplined work habits
- Attention to detail
- Soft skills
- Very positive attitude
- Ability to work independently, with excellent communication skills, in a fast-paced environment
- Strong desire to counsel prospective students on what is right for them
- Ability to overcome objections by offering valid solutions
- Must have a valid driver’s license and your own vehicle
- High School diploma or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Two years administration/sales experience; prior cosmetology industry sales preferred
If this is the Culture you believe in, then this is the place to apply!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org