Most think that cosmetology is just about hair and makeup, but it goes well beyond those! Cosmetology is a huge industry that can lead to many different types of cosmetology careers. Salon owners, makeup artists, work in film, freelance, behind the chair, hair removal, editorial, TV, beauty blogger/vlogger and MORE!
With the skills you will learn from the Aveda Institute’s award-winning cosmetology program, you’ll be prepared to reach your full potential. From planning your career path to designing your life choices.
- Cosmetologists are artists. Get ready to express your creativity with an award-winning cosmetology education from the Aveda Institutes.
- You never stop learning. The art of Cosmetology is changing everyday. From advanced techniques to innovate products, you will have endless opportunities for growth as a cosmetologist.
- Keep up with the trends. Cosmetologistsmust stay on top of the latest trends in hair, makeup, skin care, nails, and fashion to best serve their clients.
- Cosmetologists often work outside of the typical beauty world. You can also work in a medical office, hospital, a funeral home, and more!
- It takes just over a year. You can finish the cosmetology program in a portion of the time it takes for other careers.
- Cosmetology is about connecting. Connecting with clients is a very rewarding and integral part of being a Cosmetologist.
- You can be your own boss. Cosmetology is a great career for those who want to work for themselves. More than 30% of all salon industry professionals are self-employed. (according to US Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Cosmetology is portable. Your skills can translate to employment wherever you are. Many states offer license reciprocity, meaning you may not need to take a separate licensure exam or attend any further education.
- Some Cosmetologists go on to develop their own lines of skincare and haircare products, as well as makeup lines.
- You get to learn about the science behind hair, skin care, and nails.